Monday, April 29, 2013

Bad Blogger

My blog is beginning to look like my journal... "I really want to start writing more"  "It's been forever since I've written (blogged)" etc.  You get the picture right?  Lol  Basically I'm horrible at writing down and recording things.  However, today I'm sick of doing homework, checking Facebook, looking at Pinterest, or watching the clock waiting for my hubby to get home from school.  I also decided that I should not complain about other people not blogging if it's been 6 months since I last blogged.  So here I am, once again, attempting to blog.  :)

Life has been crazy busy since July!  Eric and I spent the first week in July up in Cody, WY doing tons of fun stuff!  We went boating, did the "tourist" thing and went to all the cool museums up in the Cody area, shot off tons and tons of huge fireworks (Utah has lame fireworks!! Did you know in Lovell you can shoot off anything in the streets the entire day, except for M-80's I think.  I don't think I've seen so many fireworks in my life!!  I also went to an awesome rodeo!  Basically we had tons of fun.  

Too soon school was starting again.  Eric took Genetics, English 2010, Calculus 1, and was a undergraduate aide for Physiology last semester.  He did amazing in all of those classes, and even won some money for a research paper he wrote on Batman!  We're waiting to see if it gets published in the "Voices" textbook that the English department prints each year....!!!  I started my another semester of nursing school.  I graduated last April with my Associates Degree, but I wanted to go on and get my Bachelors degree.  It wasn't too bad, although I did write a TON of papers!  Whipping out a 4 page paper is a piece of cake now!    

Another exciting thing that happened last fall was that Andrew, Eric's brother, got his mission call and left on his mission!  Andrew is serving in the Texas San Antonio Spanish speaking mission.  He left 
October 31st and left the MTC January 2nd.  He's already tearing it up down there!  I love getting e-mails/letters from missionaries!  It inspires me to do better.  :)  Eric and I had the wonderful opportunity to go up to Cody and be there with his family when Andrew went through the temple for the first time.  Talk about an incredible experience!  Families truly are forever!  

In October, President Thomas S. Monson made the announcement that the age that missionaries can leave on their missions had been lowered.  One exciting thing that has come of that announcement has been that my sister Megan has decided she wants to serve a mission!  I'm so proud of her and her decision to serve the Lord!  She has a year before she can submit her papers, but a year really isn't that far away!!!

Another exciting thing that has happened in mine and Eric's lives is that we got a cat!  Eric is allergic to dogs (except for Dachshunds.....weird, I know) and he's really more of a cat person.  I'm not partial to one or the other, so when Eric asked if we could get a cat sometime in the future, I had no problems saying yes.  It took us a couple months of patience, but after Andrew left on his mission, we got to bring his cat home to us.  :)  She is literally the most beautiful cat out there!  She even has a winning personality. ;)  But seriously, she is winning over cat-haters left and right.  She's a mix between a siamese and a tabby cat, and she loves, loves, loves being around people.  I could go on and on about how cute and awesome our cat is, but that would probably bore most of you (all two of you).  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves!  

This semester is shaping up to be a busy one!  Eric is taking Statistics, BioChem, Archeology, Civil Rights, and is an "Undergraduate Teaching Fellow" for Anatomy.  He teaches one of the cadaver labs and has office hours to help teach and coach students.  He's also looking into doing some undergraduate research involving animal cloning.  Pretty cool stuff, but he's a busy man!  I'm doing another semester of nursing school, and should graduate this December!!!  So close!!  

This about wraps up our activities lately!  Maybe I'll be a better blogger in the future....but if my journaling habits are indicative of what's to come...probably not!         

No comments:

Post a Comment